1) The Terminal Tax Return.
2) The Various Forms of Income.
3) How the CRA Treats RRSP & RRIF Funds.
4) Strategies to Defer Tax on Registered Funds.
5) How the CRA Treats Pension Funds.
6) How the CRA Treats TFSA Funds.
7) How the CRA Treats Capital Property.
8) Strategies to Defer Tax on Capital Property.
9) How the CRA Treats Foreign Property.
Michelle is a member of MNP’s Tax Services team in Edmonton specializing in Trust and Estate Planning. Michelle delivers advanced tax advice and solutions to individuals, trusts, business owners and corporations at all stages of corporate growth, from start-up to succession planning, helping them realize their goals.
Michelle provides her clients with the information and tools they need to make the best decisions possible, both for today and for the long term.
Michelle’s services include trust, estate and post-mortem planning, succession planning, tax planning for retirement, corporate reorganizations, and providing support in CRA audits, reviews and appeals, including submissions under the Voluntary Disclosure Program. She prepares and reviews personal, corporate, and trust income tax returns, and helps executors navigate their responsibilities in administering an estate.
Michelle is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), qualifying as a Chartered Accountant (CA) in 2013. She completed CPA Canada’s In-Depth Tax Course in 2017 and received the Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation through the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners in 2019 and Canadian Institute of Certified Executor Advisors (CEA) designation in 2020.
Michelle mentors students who are working through the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) program and preparing for the CPA Common Final Examination and STEP candidates preparing for module exams. She is a board member of Fringe Theatre Adventures, board member (deputy chair 2021) of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Edmonton and chair of the Member Services Committee of STEP Canada. Michelle was named STEP Edmonton Volunteer of the Year in 2019.
Michelle D. Coleman, CPA, CA, TEP, CEA
PARTNER, TAXATION SERVICES
TOLL FREE 1.800.661.7778
Suite 1600-10235 101St N.W., Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
1) How to use insurance to mitigate taxes in a corporation.
2) What to be aware of when setting up an insurance policy from a tax perspective.
3) Why it’s important to include a tax expert as part of the financial planning team.
4) Further suggestion for ensuring taxes are taken care of.
5) Other services MNP provides.
Guest: Aina Potts, CPA, CA, is a Business Advisor with MNP’s Tax Services team in Red Deer.
Focusing on specialty tax, Aina works with businesses in various industries, including family farms and professionals, helping them maximize wealth and minimize tax so they can achieve their business and personal goals. Aina draws on a decade of experience to help clients with the tax aspects of corporate restructuring, succession and estate planning. As a trusted advisor, she gets to know clients and their operations so she can deliver reliable, efficient tax advice and solutions customized to their unique situations. After receiving a Business Administration Diploma, with Distinction, from Red Deer College, majoring in accounting, Aina earned a Bachelor of Management degree, with Distinction, from the University of Lethbridge. She is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), qualifying as a Chartered Accountant (CA) and has completed Level II of CPA Canada’s In-depth Tax Course.
TOLL FREE 1.877.500.0779
4922 – 53 St.
Red Deer, AB
1) The importance of being prepared to file your tax return.
2) When to start thinking about taxes.
3) The first step in preparing a tax return.
4) When to expect to receive documents.
5) What to do when you don’t get all the slips.
6) An overview of MyAccount with the Government of Canada.
7) What’s involved in e-filing your tax return.
8) Why audits happen.
9) Common mistakes made on tax returns.
Guest:Natalie Yunes, Bachelor of Business Administration, Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified General Accountant.
Natalie Yunes is a tax professional with over 25 years of diversified tax experience both in the industry and in public accountancy. She has worked at one of the Big4 firms in corporate, non-for profit, and personal tax fields. Her expertise includes reporting, compliance and defense of income tax, international tax and commodity tax issues.
General Tax Implications when Investing in Real Estate. Episode 17
Speaker: Natalie Yunes, BAS, CPA, CGA.
1) How are you taxed differently when holding real estate for a long period of time?
2) Calculation of capital gain or loss in real estate.
3) Correctly expensing costs.
4) The impact of taking money from your RRSP to invest in real estate.
5) Buying real estate personally or through a corporation.
6) Owning real estate in another country.
7) Legal suites.
Natalie Yunes is a tax professional with over 25 years of
diversified tax experience both in the industry and in public
accountancy. She has worked at one of the Big4 firms in corporate,
non-for profit, and personal tax fields. Her expertise includes
reporting, compliance and defense of income tax, international tax and
commodity tax issues.
She holds the following degrees – Bachelor of Business Administration,
Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified General Accountant.
Natalie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416)-895-7749.