Estate Planning and Trust Services for Credit Union Customers. Episode 29
1) What Concentra Trust is.
2) Estate planning and trust services with a broker.
3) Identifying the right client for this service.
4) Bringing in the experts.
Guest: Jandy John, the Director of Business Development at Concentra Trust.
Jandy is a trust professional with extensive experience managing fiduciary appointments involving a broad range of structures including trusts, estates, guardianships, powers of attorney and corporations. Jandy is well versed in creating comprehensive technical and tax efficient estate planning solutions that brings together the personal and emotional objectives that often influence estate, trust, and incapacity planning.
Because Jandy has experiences at several major financial institutions and leading trust companies, she draws from a wide range of best practices an provide pragmatic and customized solutions.
Jandy is also an advocate of helping women advance in the trust industry.
1) How to use insurance to mitigate taxes in a corporation.
2) What to be aware of when setting up an insurance policy from a tax perspective.
3) Why it’s important to include a tax expert as part of the financial planning team.
4) Further suggestion for ensuring taxes are taken care of.
5) Other services MNP provides.
Guest: Aina Potts, CPA, CA, is a Business Advisor with MNP’s Tax Services team in Red Deer.
Focusing on specialty tax, Aina works with businesses in various industries, including family farms and professionals, helping them maximize wealth and minimize tax so they can achieve their business and personal goals. Aina draws on a decade of experience to help clients with the tax aspects of corporate restructuring, succession and estate planning. As a trusted advisor, she gets to know clients and their operations so she can deliver reliable, efficient tax advice and solutions customized to their unique situations. After receiving a Business Administration Diploma, with Distinction, from Red Deer College, majoring in accounting, Aina earned a Bachelor of Management degree, with Distinction, from the University of Lethbridge. She is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), qualifying as a Chartered Accountant (CA) and has completed Level II of CPA Canada’s In-depth Tax Course.
TOLL FREE 1.877.500.0779
4922 – 53 St.
Red Deer, AB
1) The importance of being prepared to file your tax return.
2) When to start thinking about taxes.
3) The first step in preparing a tax return.
4) When to expect to receive documents.
5) What to do when you don’t get all the slips.
6) An overview of MyAccount with the Government of Canada.
7) What’s involved in e-filing your tax return.
8) Why audits happen.
9) Common mistakes made on tax returns.
Guest:Natalie Yunes, Bachelor of Business Administration, Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified General Accountant.
Natalie Yunes is a tax professional with over 25 years of diversified tax experience both in the industry and in public accountancy. She has worked at one of the Big4 firms in corporate, non-for profit, and personal tax fields. Her expertise includes reporting, compliance and defense of income tax, international tax and commodity tax issues.
General Tax Implications when Investing in Real Estate. Episode 17
Speaker: Natalie Yunes, BAS, CPA, CGA.
1) How are you taxed differently when holding real estate for a long period of time?
2) Calculation of capital gain or loss in real estate.
3) Correctly expensing costs.
4) The impact of taking money from your RRSP to invest in real estate.
5) Buying real estate personally or through a corporation.
6) Owning real estate in another country.
7) Legal suites.
Natalie Yunes is a tax professional with over 25 years of
diversified tax experience both in the industry and in public
accountancy. She has worked at one of the Big4 firms in corporate,
non-for profit, and personal tax fields. Her expertise includes
reporting, compliance and defense of income tax, international tax and
commodity tax issues.
She holds the following degrees – Bachelor of Business Administration,
Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified General Accountant.
Natalie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (416)-895-7749.
Everything you need to know about trusts - conversation with a tax professional
-What is a trust?
-How is a trust established?
-Can you give me some examples of trusts
-How is a trust taxed?
-How similar is it to a corporation?
-What is a family trust?
-Why would you use a family trust?
-How do you set up a family trust?
-How is it taxed?
-What are the disadvantages of a family trust?
About George E. Craven, B.A.(Hons) LL.B. M.Tax.
George has been practicing as a sole tax practitioner in Calgary (Monarch Tax Law) since 2007. His practice focuses on small business corporations including corporate reorganizations, corporate succession planning, tax efficient structuring and inter-vivos family trust planning.
George got his Master of Taxation degree in 2001 and worked at McCarthy Tétrault LLP till 2007
In 2014 George worked as an Adjunct Professor at University of Calgary and University of Lethbridge
George is married and has 6 children, five boys and a girl
George’s interests are steam locomotives, playing the Tuba and watching English soccer with a passion only English people can understand!