1) Defining insolvency and bankruptcy.
2) Some steps to take for businesses to avoid bankruptcy.
3) Steps to prepare for bankruptcy.
4) How a bankruptcy impacts insurance.
5) How a bankruptcy impact a personal and business ability to get credit again.
6) The advantage of legal representation during a bankruptcy.
7) The change in creditor flexibility during 2020.
Guest: Michael Loberg, Barrister & Solicitor.
Michael Loberg has been practicing law for over 20 years specializing in
commercial litigation and dispute resolution, insolvency, and
restructuring. He became and Attorney-at-Law for the Cayman Islands in
2006, and a Solicitor for the High Court of England and Wales in 2008
(active in Alberta only). Michael has represented a number of large
companies in the areas of receivership, bankruptcies, and restructuring.
As well, he has international insolvency and litigation representations
including complex multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation with
particular emphasis on financial, securities and derivatives litigation,
corporate and partnership litigation, fraud recovery and related
remedies, international and domestic enforcement of judgments, and
dealing with related recovery issues.
1000 Bankers Hall West
888 – 3rd Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5C5
Phone: (403) 457-6680