1) Legal Obligation of Parent to Financially Dependent Child.
2) Legal Obligation of Parent to Adult Child.
3) Legal Obligation of Adult Child to a Parent.
4) Treating Adult Children Equally in a Will.
5) Treating Adult Children Fairly in a Will.
6) Situations Where a Parent Might Disentitle an Adult Child.
7) Strategies for Disentitlement.
Guest: Jennifer R. Lamb
Jennifer is a partner with Calgary law firm Carscallen LLP. Jennifer has helped clients in a variety of estate matters including the preparation of wills, powers of attorney, and personal directives. She has also provided advice on the role of executor, guardianship, and trustee. Jennifer has dealt with many estate planning matters regarding the interpretation and validity of wills and beneficiary designations, breach of trust allegations, the removal and replacement of executors and creditor’s claims against an estate.
Jennifer is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association, the Calgary Bar Association and the Estate Planning Council of Calgary.
Jennifer R. Lamb
900, 332 6 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0B2
Phone: (403) 298-8455
Fax: (403) 262-2952